Accidents are never good, but they are especially unforgiving for motorcyclists. Without the benefit of the protection of a car, bikers are even more susceptible to serious injury than other motorists. Common injuries include:
- Road rash
- Biker’s Arm
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken Bones
- Injuries to legs, knees, and feet
- Spinal Cord Injury
While we hope you are exercising caution, staying alert, and wearing a helmet, we know you can’t always prevent an accident. Road conditions and other drivers are unpredictable and can cause long-term damage in a matter of seconds.
What If You’re in a Motorcycle Accident?
- Move to safety – out of the road and away from leaking gasoline or fire
- Don’t assign or accept blame
- Seek medical attention right away
- If you can, obtain contact information for all other motorists and pedestrians who were involved or observed the accident
- Take pictures of the accident and your injuries
- Do not leave the scene before police arrive
- Contact your insurance company
- Don’t speak with the other side’s insurance company or repair your bike until you’ve consulted an attorney
How Can the Jaeger Firm, PLLC, Help?
A motorcycle accident is traumatic and can leave wounds that last a lifetime. You may be entitled to medical expenses, vehicle repair, and lost wages. It’s important to have representation that will understand your claim and empathize with your situation.