Work on a construction site is full of risks, which is why government agencies and construction companies design and implement regulations and safety protocols to protect workers, visitors, and the public. But even the best employees working for responsible companies with excellent safety standards can experience accidents.
Although workplace accidents can happen anywhere, there is a greater chance of suffering a serious injury when you work in a dangerous environment. If you have been injured as a result of exposure to a construction site, as an employee, visitor, or private citizen, you may be entitled to compensation.
As a construction worker, even when you correctly use safety equipment and follow all the required safety protocols, accidents on a construction site can still happen. Serious construction related injuries that commonly occur can be due to:
- Equipment failure
- Falls from scaffolding
- Electric shocks
- Exposure to chemical spills
- Proximity to explosions or fire
- Crane or other heavy machinery accidents
- Being hit by falling materials
Recovering from a construction site injury can take weeks, months, or even years and may be extremely costly in lost wages and medical bills. If you require medical treatment as a result of your injuries you may face expenses related to medication, surgery, physical therapy, or chiropractic care. Depending on your injuries, more than one type of treatment could be necessary, which increases medical expenses exponentially. Even with the best medical care, you may continue to suffer for the rest of your life as a result of your injuries.
How Can the Jaeger Firm, PLLC, Help?
Construction accident litigation can be complex, involving multiple parties, workers’ compensation law, social security disability, and personal injury law. It’s important to work with a law firm experienced in litigation. The Jaeger Firm has litigation experience and can build a case that assists in your pursuit for compensation as a result of your construction site accident.
We know how hard it can be to start over after a serious injury and that you will be anxious to return to your previous life as quickly as possible. We’ll do what we can to help you regain the life you enjoyed before your injury or fight for your right to be fairly compensated for the life you once had.
If you or a family member has been injured in a construction site accident, our legal team can help by:
- Working directly with your insurance company to gather constructive and relevant communications related to your case
- Partnering with investigators and medical providers to collect employer, site, and equipment evidence that substantiates your claim
- Analyzing your medical records to develop your case in a way that pursues maximum recovery
- If necessary, presenting your case in court in pursuit of full and fair compensation for your pain and suffering